The Axial® Capra™ 1.9 Unlimited Trail Buggy Builder’s Kit is a “new from the ground up” design that any advanced RC enthusiast eager for cutting-edge crawling will appreciate. Its Currie F9 Portal Axles provide extra ground clearance at the diff pumpkin for the best crawling performance. With the included Dig transmission, you can also switch on the fly between 4WD and FWD directly from your 3-channel transmitter — locking the rear axle whenever you need the tighter turning radius of front drive power. The Capra features a realistic tube chassis design and metal gears everywhere, from the center transmission to the lockers and portal axles. It rides on licensed Raceline 3-piece molded beadlock wheels that can be fitted with whatever 1.9 tires you prefer. For pioneering performance in an RC trail buggy kit, choose the Axial Capra.
- Newly designed transmission with Dig function enables a tighter turning radius by locking the rear axle for FWD power only.
- Currie F9 Portal Axles increase ground clearance at the diff pumpkin for the best crawling performance.
- Includes all-metal gears, from the center transmission to the lockers and portal axles.
- Tube chassis design offers optimum clearance plus realistic scale looks.
- All pivot points are on stainless steel balls for a durable, long-lasting suspension point.
- Includes injection-molded, 3-piece, licensed Raceline beadlock wheels.
- Adjustable oil-filled shocks feature hard anodized, threaded shock bodies, a single coilover spring, and a cap with a bleed port.
- All-metal front universal axles provide smooth action and 45 degrees of steering angle for an efficient, high-performance drivetrain.
- Durable, machined aluminum universal.
- Finely tuned suspension geometry delivers the best crawling capabilities
CURRIE F9 PORTAL AXLES
The Currie F9 Portal Axles add substantially more ground clearance at the diff pumpkin while also providing an excellent 7.39:1 gear ratio. Completely ball bearing driven, and metal gears throughout for durability.
The ring and pinion gears are machined steel, including the locker. The design utilizes a six bolt design for durability.
The new transmission has a Dig function that offers the tightest turning radius on a production crawler in the industry. When needed, simply switch from 4WD to front-wheel-drive by locking the rear axle from your transmitter. The transmission also includes a full set of ball bearings and all metal internal gears for strength and durability.
NOTE: Dig functionality requires an additional micro servo, not included. Micro Dig Servo required, SPMSSX107 recommended (for Dig operation)
6MM STAINLESS STEEL LINKS
Strong 6mm stainless steel links with high grade plastic rod ends for durability. All links are metal including the steering.
A1.9, 3-PIECE BEADLOCK WHEELS
For striking scale looks and serious trail performance, we’ve outfitted the Capra™ with officially licensed 3-piece Raceline Monster beadlock wheels.
LED LIGHT BAR
A roof mounted LED light bar helps light the way on those late night crawls with your friends. Additional LED lights can be added to the front headlights (optional LED lights not included).
GRILLE AND HEADLIGHT BUCKETS
The molded plastic front grille features two clear plastic headlight lenses with light buckets (optional LED lights not included). Behind the grille, under the hood, are two hood mounts with clips. Remove the clips to raise the hood up and gain access to the battery tray.
The battery tray is forward mounted, and located under the hood. The tray size is built for shorty packs, at a maximum size of 26mm x 98mm x 47mm.
What’s in the Box?
- (1) Axial® Capra™ 1.9 Unlimited Trail Buggy 4WD Kit
- (1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete:
- Radio System
- Steering Servo
- Polycarbonate Paint
- Micro Servo (for Dig operation, SPMSSX107 recommended)
- Approximate Assembly Time: 7-10 Hours
- Ball Bearings: Full set
- Batteries: Shorty configuration
- Body: Unpainted panels
- Chassis: Injection molded tubular
- Completion Level: Kit
- Differential: Locked
- Drivetrain: 4WD Shaft Drive
- Final Drive Ratio: 37:1
- Gear Pitch: 32-Pitch
- Ground Clearance: 3″ (76.2mm)
- Height: 8.25″ (209.5mm)
- Internal Gear Ratio: 5.14:1
- Length: 17″ (431.8mm)
- Max Battery Dimensions: 1.02 x 3.8 x 1.8″ (26 x 98 x 47mm)
- Pinion: 14T
- Radio: At least 3-channel (sold separately)
- Shock Type: Aluminum body, oil-filled, coil-over spring, soft and firm springs included
- Suspension: 4-link w/stainless steel pivot balls
- Tire Compound: Tires sold separately
- Track: Front and Rear, 8.75″ (222.2mm) distance from outer edges of tires measured side-to-side
- Water-Resistant: Yes
- Weight: 4lbs (1.8kg)
- Wheel Diameter: 1.9″ (48.26mm)
- Wheel Hex Size: 12mm Hex
- Wheel Type: Raceline 3-piece beadlock monster
- Wheel Width: 1″ (25.4mm)
- Wheelbase: 12.5″ (317.5mm)
- Width: 10.25″ (260.35mm)
|Assembly Type||Un-Assembled (Kit)|
|Skill Level||Skill Level 4|
|Motor Type||No Motor Supplied|
There are no reviews yet.